As a Scrum Master, here are some forms of energy to look for:
- Motion: Do you see things happening regarding:
- Improving the product?
- Improving the process?
- Technical excellence?
- Becoming a better organization?
- Heat: Do you see people caring about these?
- Light: Do people communicate about these, make them transparent?
- Magnetic: Where is conflict or tension regarding these?
- Nuclear: Where is unharnessed, raw potential to create motion, heat or light?
You must understand where the energy is - then, how it can be harnessed - and with whom to work. Where is the heat, where is magnetism - Do you want to shed some light, or set things into motion? There are many ways and there is no "final state". Harnessing energy is a continuous process, and the less directed it is, the more agile the organization becomes.
The only important aspect of working with energy is: Always make sure the energy is positive.